Provide the business with quality payables reporting and drive out enhanced controls to ensure timeous, effective and accurate payments to local suppliers.
- Managing all the required systems interventions for administering AP transactional processing eg. Clearing hold file and error file, invoices paid outside normal terms.
- Monitoring a system of Control Risk Self-Assessment (CRSA), e.g. review of Debit / Credit Memo’s, debit balances and supplier with no invoice movement.
- Provide input to fully reconciled trial balance items, delivered timeously with all the detail required for management reporting.
- Ensure that sub-ledgers are compliant with the rigors of audit to substantiate values in the balance sheet.
- Ensure proper working of the EFT payment process, including access controls and accuracy and validity of payments.
- Prepare timeous management reporting in line with best practice. This includes daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports.
- Ensure integrity and control around invoice attribute changes as a result of Master Data Maintenance, including supplier terms, banking details, etc.
- Accountable for the reconciliation of relevant General Ledger accounts in accordance with IFRS/GAAP and WW financial principles.
- Ensure accurate and timeous processing of the accrual journals are including the journal analysis on a monthly basis.
- Identify opportunities to drive out improved efficiencies and synergies across all roles within the department.
- Perform user testing of enhancements and make recommendations for sign off.
- Assist with day-to-day operational management to enhance the performance of the payables team.
- Establish strong relationship with commercial and finance teams of the respective business units and Non-Trade suppliers.
- Compliance with best practice internal controls and accounting practices, including implementing a system of Control Risk Self-Assessment (CRSA).
- Problem resolution including logging of all incidents and following through to ensure resolution.
- B. Comm / B.Tech / or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Accounting environment. Payables experience is an added advantage.
- Awareness of GAAP / WW Financial Principles.
- Sound understanding of accounting processes.
- Able to effectively use Excel and Oracle financial system and reporting tools e.g. Qlikview, etc.
- Able to apply accounting knowledge and solve problems in large, complex IT driven accounting environment and to process large volumes of financial transactions.
- Organised, confident and assertive when dealing with complex issues and communicating under pressurised situations.
- Personal Effectiveness
- Team player
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Passion for the brand and customers
- Thinking strategically and commercially
- Leading Transformation
- Connecting people
- Delivering high performance
- Having a merchant mindset
- Making insightful business decisions
- Driving quality
- Planning and organizing
Woolworths is an equal employment opportunity company that is committed to inclusion and diversity